Thursday 18 June 2009

Bookmark!

It's not too bad, is it? Tell you what though; making it was such a faff!

Having decided on making a bookmark, off into the kitchen and my measy stash I went, and found a tag in Basic Grey (don't ask which scheme, I can't remember) and some card to back it.

I cut the shape out of the backing card okay, even with a craft knife, but then it came to glueing the two sides together.

Couldn't find the Pritt stick, could I? Blooming kids!!

What I did find was the superglue. I decided if I put on a bit and smeared it around it would work okay. Which it did, but in my wisdom(!) I thought I could do the smearing with my finger and then wash off the glue.

Former part yes, latter part... not so much.

And as I'm stood there, washing my hand for the nth time and swearing rather a lot, what did I notice on the windowsill but a little bottle of PVA glue.

Arg! *headdesks*

The glue is on my workspace now, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment