Thursday 18 June 2009

Altered Art Inspiration

The art in this post is not mine, but pictures I've found around the 'net of things I'd like to try.


This is an altered CD by artsygemini.

I love this idea. I'm beginning to realise that I could alter anything - and I'm starting to look around for things that I would normally throw out but could alter instead.

Sat here now staring at the free CD rom (in cases) that came with various computer magazines and my brain is in overdrive!



This is a accordian-fold booklet inside an altered matchbox made by Katjamillam.

I actually used to make these as a kid; I remember making drawers for my dolls, with splitpin 'handles'.

But this is very much a grown-up version. How incredible to think this is now considered an artform!




Bookmarks. These are something that I could start today - I have some scrapbooking paper and embellishments. I also have wool and ribbons, and of course beads (I always have beads, lol)
I don't think I have any stickers or transfers. I know I don't have any stamps left.

One thing I'm going to need to do is organise my workspace. I could really do with some drawers, but I don't know when that's going to happen.

I've seen several solutions, and perhaps I should be on the look out for cheap storage that I could alter!

No comments:

Post a Comment